quinta-feira, 20 de dezembro de 2012


Good Evening everyone!

Tonight I wanna dedicate this post to the person I admire the most in the whole world: Lucy Lawless. You may have a clue on why I admire this person so much by reading this post.

Lucy Lawless is the New Zealand actress who played Xena, the Warrior Princess and recently played Lucretia on TV series Spartacus. Some months ago she climbed an oil drilling ship in New Zealand along some other Greenpeace activists to try to stop Shell from drilling on Arctic.

She wrote a letter to her yet un-born grandchildren and I would like you to read it, please. And, spread the word!

"My darlings,

Having spent four days occupying an oil rig bound for the Arctic circle – and cooling my heels in a jail cell – I’ve had a bit of time to think about why I took it upon myself to be part of the Greenpeace mission. It comes down to only one thing: I love you more than my life and I will fight like a tiger mother for your wellbeing.

I desire that you grow up in a world where polar bears and the magical narwhal still exist, where forests thrive, the air is pure, food nutritious and clean water is available to every form of life. What we now know is that our current practice of burning fossil fuels will guarantee you none of these things.

It is unthinkable that we who claim to love our children would knowingly choose to furnish them with a degraded and volatile environment in which to grow. Our unwillingness to move away from fossil fuels is sowing the seeds of a terrible harvest. We will have been neglectful of our duty to you.

Please know that in 2012 your grandmother and others risked life, liberty and reputation to engage in a peaceful and relentless battle to protect you even before you were born. There are many like us. We see oil drilling in the Arctic as an unspeakable violence against its native peoples and species and against you, my darlings.

One day it will be an accepted fact that crimes against the environment are crimes against humanity, but for now we must hold ourselves, our corporations and our governments accountable so you won’t have to. There can be no partial victory here. Failure is not an option.

With greatest love,

Your tiger grandmother, Lucy"

Taken from http://www.nzwomansweekly.co.nz/front-page-carousel/lucy-lawless-a-letter-to-my-grandchildren/

I won't post anything else until 2013 because I wanna leave Lucy's message as my New Year wish! And I want it to inspire everyone who reads it.

Happy Holidays!!!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário